July is here, the mountains are filled with wildflowers, we can hear cowbells in the distance and we are eager to welcome our summer guests. Verbier town is getting ready for a summer of activity with a large range of sports available as well as preparing for a handful of events that take place in the area. Continue reading to find out more about the events in Verbier this summer…
- Trail Verbier St Bernard by UTMB (7th – 9th): This was the first ultra-trail in Switzerland back in 2009. There are a variety of distances, the longest distance (being 140km), is a loop from the resort to the Grand Saint-Bernard Pass crossing the valleys of Bagnes, Entremont and Ferret. There is also a 76km option, a 42km marathon and a 26km loop.
- Verbier Festival (14th – 30th): The globally renowned international classical music event that takes place annually in Verbier. You can witness the musicians in action from masterclasses, to rehearsals and performances. Follow our social media pages to keep updated on information about the Verbier Festival.
- Family hike in Bruson (16th): Bruson is across the valley from Verbier and often overlooked, but we think it’s a hidden gem and easily accessible via the gondola from Medran. Participate in the fairy tale, solving puzzles and immerse yourselves into the fantasy world. A magical excursion for the whole family to explore the enchanted woodland.
- Tour des Stations Cycle (1st – 6th): One of the toughest bike challenges. Depending on the distance chosen, the cyclists cover between 3 to 12 resorts with an ascending elevation varying between 2,850m to 8,200m.
- Rocklette (5th – 14th): If you like rock music (and who doesn’t like cheese), this festival is for you! With a beautiful mountainous backdrop and only accessible by foot, bike, cable car or bus, you are fully surrounded by the natural beauty of the Swiss Alps.
- E-Bike Festival (10th – 13th): Try a variety of trails and tour routes around Verbier. There’s also an e-bike test to try the latest equipment from over 30 of the leading manufacturers.
- Verbier Padal Masters (15th – 20th): Padal tennis is the world’s fastest growing sport and Verbier is hosting Switzerland’s first international tournament! Live artists, food and drink are available to spectators and there is also a court for initiations and demonstrations.
- Grand Raid BCVs (18th – 19th): Starting in Verbier and finishing in Grimentz, covering 125km and over 5,000m difference in altitude. A legendary mountain bike marathon. This year, they are also allowing participants to race on e-bikes.
- Electrolette (19th – 20th): A weekend of cheese, local wines, panoramic views and electronic music.
- Verbier Tennis Open (20th – 27th): Immerse yourself in an active week with incredible views and fantastic tennis.
- Inspire Yoga Festival (25th – 27th): Surround yourself in nature and embark on a weekend of self-discovery, well-being and health. No matter your ability, take part in classes, workshops and holistic therapies.
Our concierge team would also recommend:
- Golf introduction with a professional
- Mountain biking, E-bikes or road cycling with a guide
- Guided walk and brunch at 2,200m
- Hike to the Mont-Chamin mine, followed by cheese tasting
- Horse Riding
- Via Ferrata
- Discover how cheese is made followed by a tasting
Included in your stay with us is the Verbier Infinity Playground (VIP) pass which gives you free access to certain bus routes and pedestrian lifts as well as a discounted rate for a number of activities and access to some of these events.
If you would like to experience Verbier in the summer months, please get in touch and we’d be delighted to talk you through our collection of stunning properties. Once you have booked your stay with us, our concierge team will help book activities for your family and point you in the right direction for the events in and around Verbier.