If there was such a thing as the fairytale mountain hideaway, Chalet Nyumba would be it. Meaning “home” in Swahili, Nyumba is perched high above the village, with incredible views.
Nestled in a private corner of the exclusive Sonalon area in the heights of Verbier, Chalet Nyumba was completed in 2009. This beautiful 500 sqm chalet boasts a magnificent spa, finished in Italian marble. Sliding glass doors open up to the commanding views across the valley and the mountains beyond.
The main living room has a dramatic double height ceiling and is furnished with worn leather sofas and distressed wooden furniture. There is a stylish mix of alpine detailing, African artwork and carvings. In the cinema room there’s a projector screen and with access to a library of films; and if all that isn’t enough to keep the children entertained, there is also a large playroom, with countless toys and games including a pool table.
A proportion of the holiday price goes to the UK-registered “Give a Future Foundation”, which supports a variety of education projects for orphans and vulnerable children in Ethiopia.
Click here for a 360° virtual tour of Chalet Nyumba.
“This was without exception the best and most enjoyable ski holiday any of us have ever had – and I’ve been skiing for some 62 years. Constantly mind-boggling attention to detail and outstanding service, food and drink. And what a chalet. Thank you for the holiday of a lifetime.”
Mr C.L, Chalet Nyumba
Facilities & Services
- Professional Chef, dedicated Chalet Manager and Chalet Host
- 24-hour in-resort driving service
- Indoor swimming pool
- Outdoor hot tub
- Spa with Hammam, Sauna, Plunge pool and Jacuzzi
- Massage treatment room
- Hairdryers in every bedroom
- Home cinema room
- Apple TV and Sky TV
- Integrated Crestron sound system with a controller in each room
- Large south-facing balconies
Room 1 – Master King with en suite bathroom and balcony
Room 2 – King with en suite shower room
Room 3 – King with en suite shower room
Room 4 – Bunk bedroom – 1 x king bed and 3 x singles with en suite bathroom
Room 5 – Twin/super-king with private shower room (access via cinema room)
Room 6 – King with en suite bathroom and balcony
Room 7 – Twin eaves room with shared bathroom
- Sion: 45mins (55km)
- Geneva: 1h 45 mins (160km)
Prices & Availability
- ALL PRICES ARE IN CHF (Swiss Francs).
- Prices are based on up to 12 people. Any additional person carries a supplementary charge of CHF 700pp.
- Weekend prices available on request.
- A security deposit of CHF 10,000 will be taken 1 week prior to arrival.
To enquire about Chalet Nyumba please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 1608 674 011.
Included In The Price
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- Early children’s dinner (if required)
- Pre-dinner drinks and canapés
- Fabulous dinners on 6 nights per week
- Premium selection of Champagnes, wines, beers, spirits & soft drinks
- Bamford Organic Bath & Body products
- Bathrobes and Slippers
- Exclusive use of the chalet for 7 nights (unless otherwise stated)
- 24-hour in-resort chauffeur service
- A highly experienced team of chalet staff
- Detailed, personal planning of your holiday
- Comprehensive in-resort concierge service
- Daily chalet cleaning
- In-chalet ski equipment fitting
- All local taxes
- Transfers to/from Verbier
- Lift passes
- Ski equipment hire
- In-chalet masseuse service
- Ski school and private guiding
- Heliskiing, parapenting and dog sledging