Creating and planning menus with each set of guests (including pre arrival chef call).
Preparation and service in an open plan environment of:
- full breakfast (6 days a week)
- continental breakfast 1 (day a week)
- afternoon tea (preparation only – 7 days a week)
- canapés/snacks, 3 course evening meal,(up to 5 days a week)
Purchasing chalet supplies, budgeting and accounting on a weekly basis.
Stock control and management of your kitchen.
Catering for special occasions and understanding your guests dietary and allergy requirements.
Catering for children and preparing early supper, if required.
Maintaining high levels of food hygiene and general health and safety in the kitchen and dining areas.
Interacting with guests and being flexible for last minute changes.
Assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen equipment and reporting any issues to the Chalet Manager.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Highly professional
- Well presented at all times
- Punctual, personable and sociable
- Positive, flexible and energetic
- A hardworking team player with great attention to detail
- Ability to think on their feet and use own initiative
Skills and abilities required
The potential candidate will have the following:
- Recognised catering and food safety qualifications
- Full, clean UK driving licence (desirable)
- Basic knowledge of French (desirable)
- Extensive work experience in a fine dining, Rosette or Michelin star restaurant
- Knowledge of wine/food pairing
- Previous seasonal experience (desirable)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in running a kitchen
- Ability to plan menus, budget and source ingredients)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team
We offer an extremely competitive package:
- Generous salary
- Winter board and lodging
- Travel to and from Verbier at the start and end of season
- Winter ski pack including ski pass, ski boot/hire, ski lessons, comprehensive emergency sports insurance etc (where required)
All applicants must have:
- An up to date UK or EU passport
- A recognised catering qualification
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a professional kitchen or within luxury hospitality sector
- UK address, UK bank account and UK National Insurance number
- A double COVID-19 vaccination
All our staff must be available to work from December 2022 to April 2023.
To apply, please send your CV, sample menus of your work together with a covering letter to: Sally Clifford, HR Manager [email protected]. Please include photos plus links to any social media pages you may hold.