As part of this contract you as signatory hereby agree to guarantee payment for any chargeable services requested by any member of your group both before and during your holiday. You will be presented with a summary of any such charges at the end of your stay and will be required to make full payment before departure or it will be deducted from the damages and incidentals deposit submitted with this booking form. Ski Verbier regrets that dogs and pets are not permitted to stay in any Ski Verbier chalet.
Guests are asked to treat the property and all its fixtures and fittings with care and respect.
Ski Verbier will be entitled to recover the cost of any damage caused by any member of your group.
Behaviour deemed unacceptable will result in the termination of your holiday and you shall have no right to a refund for your holiday or any expenses incurred as a result of the termination.
Ski Verbier requires a security and expenses deposit, which can either be blocked off a credit card, or paid by bank transfer. This deposit varies from property to property and must be made one week before your arrival date in Verbier. This deposit is fully refundable within 7 days after your departure from the chalet, less any repair/replacement costs as a result of damage caused by anybody in your party. If costs exceed the damage deposit you will be liable for any outstanding balance.
As a condition of booking you must have appropriate insurance. Your signature on the booking form confirms that you have done so.
Medical treatment overseas and the cost of repatriation in the event of an emergency can be very expensive and it is therefore vital that you and your party are adequately insured.
Ski Verbier is unable to accept responsibility for any costs that you or anyone in your party may incur as a result of failing to take out appropriate insurance.
Cancellation by you
A cancellation by you will only be effective when notification has been received in writing by Ski Verbier.
We reserve the right to levy a cancellation charge.
If cancellation is more than 12 weeks before departure, the deposit will be forfeited. Within 12 weeks of departure the following rates of forfeit shall apply.
- Less than 12 weeks 60% of total
- Less than 9 weeks 80% of total
- Less than 6 weeks 100% of total
If no written notice of cancellation is received and the client does not travel, cancellations will be deemed to have been received on the day of departure. Ski Verbier reserves the right to resell any part of the cancelled holiday, and this shall in no way alter their right to levy cancellation charges.
Cancellation by Ski Verbier
In exceptional circumstances, Ski Verbier reserves the right to cancel your holiday for the dates you have reserved. This is exceedingly unlikely, but should this occur, you will be refunded in full.
Should we be forced to cancel or change your holiday due to circumstances out of our control (e.g. war, riots, strikes, terrorism, natural disasters, fire, any technical problems to transport, closure or congestion of airports or similar events), you will be expected to claim on your insurance for a full refund of all monies paid.
Ski Verbier reserves the right to decline a booking and in such instance will refund any deposit received.
Ski Verbier takes responsibility for the suitable protection of your personal information provided to us. Dependent on any additional services you require relevant information will be passed on a confidential manner with your permission. Any applicable information required by law or public authorities will also be passed on in this manner.
Ski Verbier will ensure your holiday accommodation and services provided by ourselves, are those of the highest standard as described to you in our marketing.
a) All clients undertake to behave in such a manner as in no way to cause damage, distress, danger or annoyance to other clients, property and/or any third party.
The contract of any client in breach of this clause shall be terminated forthwith and Ski Verbier shall have no further contractual obligations.
All damages and breakages will be charged to the client and must be paid before vacating the premises or if a damage deposit is being held, the amount will be deducted from the final refund of the damage deposit.
Furthermore, Ski Verbier will not accept liability for loss or damage to personal property. In this event, you would be expected to make a claim under your travel insurance policy.
Ski Verbier accepts no responsibility for any loss, delay or additional costs incurred due to adverse weather conditions.
b) All clients agree that skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing are hazardous and dangerous activities and that whether they are on their own, with a qualified instructor, or a member of Ski Verbier staff, or otherwise, clients are voluntarily exposing themselves to risk of accident, damage, death, loss and/or personal injury by skiing and in so doing participate strictly at their own risk.
All clients agree that they will not hold Ski Verbier responsible for any personal injury to a client (including death or disability) or damage to a client’s property caused as a result of a client’s decision to go skiing, snowboarding or tobogganing.
c) All guests use any hot tub, swimming pool, plunge pool, sauna and steam room facilities at their own risk and Ski Verbier can accept no responsibility for any accidents/injuries sustained.
Guests with any heart or circulatory conditions, on any medication and pregnant women are advised to seek medical advice prior to use.
Children under 12 years must be supervised by an adult at all times.
d) Whilst Ski Verbier is not liable for any disturbance, noise or activities caused by any third party in the vicinity of our property we will do our upmost to limit this upon notification.
Law and Jurisdiction
The contract, booking conditions and any matters arising from them are subject to and governed by English law.
Switzerland is not a member of the EU and their currency is Swiss Francs (CHF)
Further information regarding;
- Travelling to Switzerland please refer to the Foreign and Commonwealth website http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/europe/switzerland
- Applicable visa requirements for guests not holding a British passport please contact the Swiss embassy http://www.bfm.admin.ch/content/bfm/en/home/themen/einreise.html
- The chalet will be ready from 16.00 on the day of your arrival. If you wish to arrive before this time, please advise the Ski Verbier office so that we can make suitable arrangements.
- Check out time on the day of departure is 11.00. If you are leaving later or skiing on your last day, we will happily store your luggage in the chalet until departure.
- Upon arrival in our property please take the time to familiarize yourself with the layout, taking specific attention to the location of fire exits.
- If travelling with children please also ensure you familiarize yourself and your children (as appropriate) with the location of property entrances/exits, stairs and balconies to ensure the upmost safety for all.
- No outdoor shoes are to be worn inside the property, please ensure you travel with appropriate indoor footwear
- No smoking is allowed in the property under any circumstance. Smoking is permitted on terraces and balconies where ashtrays are provided
- Arrangements for babysitting can be made but please note that this is an additional service and ideally needs to be arranged in advance